Hello! I am so glad you dropped on by Beyond the Inspiration, a place where you can just sit and breathe, while browsing my site.
With my recent rebranding, I have expanded my topics in which I write on — books that will invite your child to exploring the world of old and new, diy projects that you can do in and around your home with frugal options and fancy designs, photography tips and resources that I have come across that has taught me to improve my photo-taking skills, homeschool life, preparing to be a wife and mother — which may sound like a wide variety of things that cover my everyday life. That is because it does, but that is what makes me so special. *smiles*
My name is Cassondra. I am the oldest of four children, and only daughter of my parents. I am a daughter of the King and I learn everyday that I need His amazing grace and everlasting love every.single.day.
In 2012, I graduated as a homeschooler and began to wonder what my future held for me and that is when I picked up blogging. At that point, I had no idea what I was doing, except for what everyone else was doing and so I did that and it has then grown into this. My baby. Before my rebrand of my blog, I wrote solely about books, but after almost two years of blogging, I began to feel trapped, because my life was more than just books and reading. It was now about diy, photography, preparing to be wife and mother, and much more. I am so excited about where I am right now and seeing how much further I could go.
If you were to meet me, for the first time, you would see a quiet, shy young woman. With strangers, I’m not one for talk, but if you start the conversation, I will answer and begin to be a little more open with you.
I’m more a consistency person. Change just takes me a bit more to get used too.
My favorite color is blue, but if you want me to be more specific…I’d probably say turquoise blue…antiqued turquoise blue. *sigh* I just love that color with white to dress up a room. (yes, I’m now envisioning an interior design…).
I love to laugh. Whether is is a three-stooges-stupid-funny kind of thing or a tim-hawkins-joke-about-legos kind of funny, I will laugh. If it is laughing at me…maybe not that funny after all. But give me some time and I’ll see the humor in it.
I am also majoring in sarcasm. Yes, that is a thing. Okay…maybe not, but it should be. Early on, I never really got the sarcasm thing, besides the fact that my parents were BIG into sarcasm, but lately…lately I’m getting it and loving it. I apologize in advance if you do not get sarcasm. When I write something sarcastic, I do not do it in spite of you, I write it because I was a little quirky when I was writing the post. *winks*
what makes Beyond the Inspiration so special?
Me! I am what makes this blog so special. *winks* (there is the sarcasm I was just speaking of).
Honestly, it is you that makes this blog so special. Whenever I am writing posts or feeling like I can’t write another thing, I think about you and wonder how much my words or resources can benefit you. Your comments are the fuel to my fire. Your likes are my coffee for the morning. Your sharing posts are my ups in my downs.
I also think what makes this blog special is that:
- Christian-based: Not every single post I write will mention God, but quite a few do, because I want to share with others the joy that comes with serving the Lord.
- Great for teen girls: My heart has always been about “teaching the younger women” as it says in Titus 2. To me, that passage in scripture doesn’t put a limit to what “older” means, but to mean, it means that I can be sharing with teen girls what I have learned and what I am still learning, and encourage them in the way of the Lord.
- A wonderful resource for homeschooling parents: As a homeschooler, I know what it means to find resources that are both appropriate and full of wonderful things. That is why I work to be a resource. So that others don’t have to look so hard and far to find the things that I have in the homeschooling circles.
lets get started!
So…are you ready to get started by looking around and getting connected with me? GREAT!
1. Check out my top posts. There are quite a few to choose from.
- A List of Books for Christian Teen Girls
- A List of Books for Christian Teen Guys
- Fun Ideas for Pre-Teen Boys
- Fun Ideas for Pre-Teen Girls
- A Pen-Pal Writing Set
2. Subscribe by email. You don’t want to miss a thing (plus you get a freebie)! Click here to enter your email address.
3. Follow along on social media. Because I share more personal things on there, than on the blog.
- Facebook – where I get to know you and you get to know me.
- Pinterest – my main source of inspiration. daily.
- Twitter – I can’t wait to retweet you!
- Instagram – a photographic glimpse into my everyday life!
If you would like to send a private message or get in contact with me, please fill out the contact form!