I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
When I was around the age of 12 – 15 I struggled immensely with my walk with the Lord. Not that I was walking completely away, I just wasn’t following in the path God would have me to go. Sad to say, I know, but true. I was hard-headed and rebellious to my true calling of God. I had no desire to marry, didn’t exactly want children, and wanted to move out on my own and do my own things later in my life.
Seeing my straying away from God, my mom put in front of me as many Christian literature, inspirational books, and training collections as she possibly could. When I first started reading them, I felt some change, but I was bull-headed.
Finally after some time, my parents, and myself, could see a breakthrough and I was feeling different…and tired from running away. The words I was reading finally started to sink in and change the way I felt. By the last year of my true “battling” years, I decided I was wrong. I did want to be a wife. I did want to have children. I didn’t want to move out on my own and do my own things. God had gotten into my heart and soul and twisted it and formed it back into the shape He had created it to be. (At that time in my life my favorite hymn was Create in Me A Clean Heart).
I’m not saying that everything is perfect in my life, because that is far from the truth. I still have trouble fighting with my mom on occasions, but I am a sinner save by Grace. By Him all things can become new.
A list of books Christian teen girls should read:
- Holy Bible – There is no other book more precious than this one. It is more than a book of stories from times past, it is the word of God and the key to the Truth.
- So Much More – Sisters, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin, wrote this book as teenage sisters, who realized the world of femininity was failing and falling apart. They began to pile up evidence of why it is important to stay feminine in your walk with Christ. (This book was one of the biggest life-changing books I had read before!)
- Before You Meet Prince Charming – Almost every girl dreams about the day she will walk down the aisle to her Prince Charming, but how do you prepare yourself before that time? This book is very good, humorous, and quite inspirational.
- Journey’s of Faithfulness – My heart was completely twisted and pried when I read this book! One of the best I have read, since So Much More. I’m positive you won’t put this book down before you are humbled and ready to surrender your all to God.
- Elsie Dinsmore – I cannot suggest this series of books enough. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G piece of work. The girl’s faith is so strong and made me feel completely inadequate in my walk with Christ, but thankfully God receives all and washes us clean when we ask for forgiveness!
- Kingdom Series – This series isn’t primarily made for girls, but oh, how good it is! Who doesn’t like the medieval times? The author of this book, Chuck Black, did an amazing job writing this Biblical allegory to challenge the children of todays culture.
- Lies Young Women Believe – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Do Hard Things – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Start Here – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Soul Surfer – Oh. My. Goodness. This book was so touching and inspirational, yes…even more than the movie. I don’t think I could grow in my faith like Bethany Hamilton did after her tragic accident. Amazing story!
- Interrupted – I cannot praise, Rachel Coker, enough for her works of art. They are so encouraging and inspirational, but yet they don’t push Christianity on people, which makes these books PERFECT to share with non believers and believers alike!
- Chasing Jupiter – Rachel Coker’s second book. The things I wrote for Interrupted apply with this book as well, but be prepared to get choked up…
I cannot tell you how much these books have formed me into who I am and what I want to become, but they were a vital part of my growing years. They showed me how amazing God truly is and taught me why I shouldn’t turn from Him. I pray that if you pick up one of these books that they will be as helpful and encouraging to you as they have been monumental to me.
Be sure to check out my sequel post…More Books Christian Teen Girls Should Read!
What books would you suggest?I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.