I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
Books are much more than two covers and pages. It’s what’s beyond the cover that counts. To me, books are a way to unlock learning. A type of learning that is completely different in and of itself that makes it more fun to the bibliophile.
Now I’m not talking about textbooks. Not at all. Textbooks to me are very much like a documentary by Ben Stein about feet; they are unnecessary and boring. This is just my own opinion.
When I was a child and even to this day, when I pick up a book, I always learn something new. Whether it has anything to do with history, geography, science, or even just everyday life, I don’t really know if I’ve ever read a book that I didn’t learn at least one thing from…
There are quite a few reasons why I have always learned something from a book, and I would love to share with you about the many things that have unlocked learning for me in books.
Unlock learning: in books
- I pick living books – If you pick up a living books, 10 times out of 10, you are going to learn something, whether it is character, techniques, medicinal, historical, etc. You are bound to learn something.
- The books I get are something worth reading – It is very rare for me to pick up any books not worth reading, such as sci-fi (unless it is from J. Grace Pennington) or romantics. I prefer the “good” kind of books.
- I choose books that are within my interests – When I pick books, it has to be something I would enjoy reading. This is a big key to learning things that are within books, because I’m actually paying attention with what I am reading. Historical fiction is a great source of information and fits within my interest.
- I’m careful to pick books that don’t have any questionable actions – This is why I stay away from romantics. I don’t really care to read things that have questionable actions that go against my beliefs.
- Finding a Christian-based story – Last, but not least, I try to find Christian books, because these are what will undoubtedly teach something, whether it is just encouragement to strive for a characteristic quality that most Christians should have.
These are my steps and processes of picking books and routinely learning something new that I can apply to everyday life and display in my actions.I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.