I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
The joys of reading a vast variety of books in an advanced ability is empowering. You aren’t confided to short chapter books, or shorter picture books, you can now pick up any book you wish and just read. Your interests can lead you into endless adventures and an enlarged knowledge in the field of your choice.
There are literally millions of books to choose from for all ages, boy and girls, so, I decided to pick my personal favorites.
My favorite books on Kindle for kids:
- The One and Only Ivan – A gentle gorilla lives inside the towns Big Top Mall and Video Arcade. He enjoys doing art, until one day a little elephant comes into his life.
- In Grandma’s Attic – A young girl loves listening to her grandmother tell her stories of the “olden-days,” with mischief, discovery, and laughter. A treasure and keepsake for every girl.
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm – When Rebecca goes to live with her elderly aunts to get an education, but her well-to-do aunts were expecting her older, more reserved sister. Will talkative and lively Rebecca, be able to win them over?
- A Peep Behind the Scenes – Behind the smiles of many smiles are often hidden hurts and lost souls. Aside from the constant delight of show life, Rosalie has a hidden desire to know the good Shepherd in her picture, but what hurt is her ailing mother holding back?
- Treasure Island – Join alongside, Jim Hawkins, cabin boy, on a perilous journey over seas, treasure map, and buried treasure!
- Around the World in 80 Days – A poor lad and a royal prince…what will happen when they switch place and lifestyles?
- Daughters of the Faith set – These stories are of young girls, who made a difference, which makes it easily relatable to other young girls. The books are also stories of faith. (Highly suggested!)
- Patricia St. John Book Set – The set includes: Star of Light, The Tanglewood’s Secret, The Secret of the Pheasant Cottage, Rainbow Garden, Treasures in the Snow, and Where the River Begins.
- Sugar Creek Gang Book Set 1-6 – Join a group of rowdy Christian boys as they get into mischief, hunting, and many adventures!
- Viking Quest Book #1 or Series
I love books that have a “purpose” behind all the words, whether it be some sort of character values, Christian attributes, or something that you can come away with smarter and more knowledgeable. For instance, when you read Treasure Island, you can learn about the ship, which side is port and which is not, what the helm is, and other technical terms. Fiction is a perfect way of having a story, but in the same since, exact details and references!