I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
I cannot believe how popular rainbow looms have become the last six-ish months. It was as if everyone was using them one day. I never heard of them, but the more I saw people making them, the more I was intrigued.
As I was preparing to get ready for a surprise visit to family, I walked across a stand of rainbow loom bands. Instantly I thought about my young cousins. (They had been making these bracelets for a while now, and actually were selling some for their friend who has cancer.) I picked a few colors and purchased them, knowing that it was something they could teach me how to use, plus it would be some bonding time with them.
When it was time to learn, my cousins showed me how to use the loom, which was pretty fun! (If I bought a loom, I may or may not be making all kinds of bracelets.) Later, they showed me how to use my fingers to make a bracelet…
I know I’m not the only one who thought these things were pretty cool!
Colorful Guide for Rainbow Looms:
Rainbow Loom books:
- Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry
- Loom Magic!
- Loom Magic Creatures!
- Loom Magic Xtreme!
- The Loomatic’s Interactive Guide to the Rainbow Loom
- Total Loom
- Wonder Loom Bracelets and Things
- Let’s Loom: A Step by Step Guide on How to Make a Fishtail Loom Bracelet
- The Ultimate Unofficial Rainbow Loom Guide
YouTube tutorials and patterns:
- Crafty Ladybug makes all sorts of tutorials for rainbow loom charms!
- Loom Love has so many fantastic tutorials for all sorts of loom band patterns!
- Elegant Fashions 360 has a cool tutorial on how to make a pencil grip from rainbow looms.
- You need to check out all of Rainbow Looms Youtube tutorials!
- DIYMom has some really fun tuts for charms.
- Overlocking Circle Rainbow Loom Bracelet
I find these rainbow looms to be super awesome things for children, for quiet times, creative times, and more! How about you?