I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
I remember growing up and wanting to be a girl of God, who would do anything for Him(but I didn’t all the time, because I was very head-strong…and still am.) I loved reading of girls, who forsook everything they knew, to do the things that God wanted them to do. It didn’t have to be drastic, like giving up their lives, but even if it was giving away only coat for someone who needed it more. Those kind of stories were always so enjoyable.
Finding these kind of books are not always easy. I loved it when I found a ‘diamond in the rough.’ It was quite encouraging.
A booklist for girls of God:
- The Princess and the Kiss
- Sisters in Time
- Alone, Yet Not Alone
- Elsie Dinsmore Collections, Volumes 1-6
- A Light Kindled: A Story of Priscilla Mullins
- Unfading Beauty: A Story of Dolley Madison
- Nothing Can Separate Us: A Story of Nan Harper
- The Land Beyond the Setting Sun: A Story of Sacagawea
- Baker Family Adventures:
Summer of Suspense
Peril on Providence Island
- Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue
- Mary Jones and Her Bible
- Girls to the Rescue
- Daughters of Faith
I am sure that once your daughters have finished reading these books that their hearts will be rekindled for Christ and given the desire to fight for their Father.
What inspirational books have you read that encouraged YOU in YOUR walk with the Lord?