I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
Valentine’s Day is when you can give the one love in your life the opportunity to “be yours.” You spend the day with that person, create/buy a special gift for them, and you just treat them like the true love that they are to you. It is the day that you can give them your heart…
I cannot wait for a loved one of my own to celebrate Valentine’s day alongside of. I look forward to the time when I can make my man a large and delicious meal and give him my gift of love, whatever it might be year after year, but until then, I will be giving my heart to someone else.
No, I’m not talking about another man, or any other person, I’m talking about God…my Father.
7 gifts of love:
- The gift of laughter – Living in a family of goof-balls (yes, they really are), I have learned about the gift of laughter. But how can I give someone the gift of laughter? For my dad it is simple…just buy a couple joke books or a Ken Davis DVD. He will literally laugh non-stop.
- The gift of learning – Sometimes you come to the idea that you don’t want to get the kids any more toys, so you get them something educational. Something they can actually learn. This is something my mom has done before and you know what…she was absolutely brilliant!
Learn to Carve
Learn to Knit
Learn to Draw
- The gift of fun – Who doesn’t like fun. Of course, each of us have our own definition of fun. It could be going out to dinner, spending the day at the beach, going on a trail ride, having a picnic, going to a movie…it all depends on your family.
- The gift of creativity – I fancy myself as being a creative type person. I love making things for others as gifts. One time I used to crochet blankets for newborn babies in my family. If I couldn’t figure out how to make something else, or make enough money to buy a gift, I’d just make a coupon for my family (i.e. “A Coupon for a FREE Back Rub”).
FREE printable Valentine Card kids can make
- The gift of reading – As you can imagine, I love to read, so if I got a really nice book as a gift, I wouldn’t complain. It is said that a “book is just a gift you can keep on opening”, and knowing the wide range of book genres and subjects, you could find a book for everyone in your life, all you have to do is look.
Books for Boys
Books for Girls
Books for Teens
Books for Men
Books for Women
- The gift of music – Music can help with anything and anyone…break the silence, uplift a heart, give you energy, put you to sleep. Everyone has their favorite artists, favorite songs, favorite genres. Music is a universal language. A CD of their liking or an iTunes card can be a great gift of love.
- The gift of YOU – Sometimes just being there is a big enough gift of love for others. If you don’t anything to give, your time can be all that matters to someone else. A grandparent might not want a gift, but may just want to spend an afternoon with you.
What is one gift of love that you do?