I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
Anyways… when I think of summer, the beach usually isn’t what I think of as “fun”. What I think of as fun is Water Country USA or Busch Gardens, or taking a short trip to D.C. with friends and family!
With summer being in full swing here, I decided I should probably sit and write myself a list of things I want to do this summer, but not a normal list…
20 Things I Want to Do This Summer
- I would like to fill a 2-gallon ziploc bag to give to an orphan in the Philippines. (Want to join us for Christmas in July?)
- Help out at a local “soup kitchen”
- Do random acts of kindness
- Be there when someone needs me
- Make a meal for a family
- Learn to defend my faith
- Take as many pictures as I can
- Read some new books
- Stay in contact with my friends, whether it is writing a “just because” note or meeting for dinner.
- Surprise someone special
- Collect stuff to put into a Operation Christmas Child box
- Help out on work days at church
- Visit an elder for an hour or two, talking with them and interacting
- Pay for someone’s lunch
- Make someone laugh
- Leave an anonymous note on someone’s desk or in their room
- Give a smile to someone who isn’t having the easiest of times
- Be willing to try new things
- Be more open to starting a conversation (I’m an introvert, so this would be a great accomplishment!)
- Journal my summer
You probably noticed quite quickly that this isn’t what most people would put on their list, but that’s just it. I don’t want to be normal, although I do have some things I can’t wait to do this summer, like going to TEXAS for a week and going up north to the Glory Barn with family. (The Glory Barn has been apart of our family for YEARS. Not many people know about it, but is a family tradition now.)
What do you have plans to do this summer?I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.