I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.
Hello, my name is Cassondra Freeman. I am a bibliophile. I’m an addict of books and I cannot, and will not, give up this addiction. (Not unless I become blind).
I noticed my addiction when I was a little girl, probably around the age of 10. I began to realize that I was always reading, getting new books at the library, thinking about a character as a real person, not being able to put down a book until finished, etc. and then I started to get the nickname: Bookworm.
You know you are an official addict of books when you get the name, Bookworm.
Now that I’m older and in the world of social media, I have long since wondered where the name, Facebook, came to be? To me, it sounds like it would have originated from a Bookworm or friends of one. I mean come on…my face was always in a book and its not like you can call a laptop, computer, cell, or tablet a book. Maybe the founder was a bookworm and from thence called it that? I don’t know, but it has made me wonder…
Well, anyways, I thought I would write down some things about being a bibliophile and I’m sure if you’re a bibliophile, like myself, you will be able to understand all of this. We’d be like…connected.
20 things about a bibliophile
- You always have a book. Always.
- You frequent your library weekly.
- You make room in your budget for overdue materials from the library.
- Your way of escape is in a book.
- You consider fictional characters to be your friends.
- You’re torn between wanting and not wanting to finish the book. The conflict is real.
- You never have enough bookshelves. Ever.
- You think people are crazy when you hear they don’t like to read.
- You will always be content with a good book and a blanket.
- Once you begin to read a book, the words begin to blur and you see a movie.
- You love the character, as if they were real people.
- You are addicted to the smell of paper and ink.
- You buy books like other women buy shoes.
- You have traveled the world 100 times over, without ever leaving your house.
- You think you’ve died and gone to heaven whenever you enter into an antique book store.
- Books series and you are official BFFs.
- You despise when a movie based on a book leaves out the best parts.
- You have a designated bag/shelf for your library finds.
- If you have “visit the Library of Congress” on your bucket list.
- You go to bed early, just so you can finish that book and end up staying up till 2 am in the morning.
If you are like me and being a proud bibliophile, you know what you just read is 100% truthful and you must share it with all of the world! (Just kidding, but a few friends would be nice. )
Now, be a good book addict and go find one to read!I will receive commission on any sales made on my blog. To learn more, read my disclosure policy.